Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Author H.G. Ferguson, A Writer's Journey Part Three


Hello Readers,
Today we are treated to part three of author, H.G. Ferguson journey to publication.
H.G. has worked hard and learning the craft of writing and his book, New Blood is now available online. I hope you all have enjoy reading H.G.'s story as much as I have. Now for Part Three.


When I first saw Jezebelle in 2007, I felt the Lord speaking to me.  It was like the sound of the “gentle blowing” Elijah heard, that still small voice.  The Lord was saying to me, I want you to commit this to me.  Follow me.

          That’s one of the reasons writing that story was so hard and took so long.  The Enemy fought me every step in ways you won’t believe.  But by His grace, I persevered.  I kept on the path.  I stayed on the journey.

          Just before Christmas 2007 a good friend of mine sent me a digital calendar.  She meant well.  She’s a New Ager with eclectic beliefs but she’s had a long-time interest in my writing.  Her gift was a calendar with the thoughts of the DALAI LAMA.  I accepted it, thanked her, looked at it.

          I don’t remember what month it was or the picture, but one thing he said struck me like a crowbar in the teeth:  SOMETIMES THE JOURNEY IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE DESTINATION.

          And for me, no truer words have ever been spoken.  I KNOW the Lord sent that to me, because it’s this journey that’s made the difference.  I’m not the same person I was when it began.  No one can remain as they were and take this journey of obedience and perseverance.

          In January of 2009 I sent both stories out and both were politely rejected.  I did not despair, but I seriously wondered if the Lord meant the journey to end here.  I meditated upon the words of Psalm 73:  “Whom do I have in heaven but Thee?  And besides Thee, I desire nothing upon earth.”  So I went to the Lord and I told Him from my heart I desired nothing on earth but Him.  And for the first time in my ENTIRE life, I meant it. 

          I fully expected Him to tell me writing was over.  And I was okay with that.

          But almost the instant I told Him it was okay, immediately a strong conviction came.  God wanted me to seek Him –- to believe – to cry out to Him – day and night, night and day.  I remembered the story of blind Bartimaeus:  JESUS, SON OF DAVID, HAVE MERCY UPON ME!  WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO FOR YOU? Jesus asked.

          “Lord, that YOU make me a writer!”

          I remembered the parable of the unjust judge (it should be called The Nagging Widow), the parable of the man banging on the door of his friend’s house asking for bread, Jesus’ miracle performed for the Canaanite woman’s daughter because SHE WOULDN’T SHUT UP AND LEAVE HIM ALONE ABOUT IT! Of Jacob who seized the angel and declared I WILL NOT LET YOU GO UNTIL YOU BLESS ME!

          For two full years I nagged the Lord to death.

          From 2009 to the beginning of 2011, I cried out without ceasing JESUS SON OF DAVID, HAVE MERCY UPON ME!  WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO FOR YOU?  LORD, MAKE ME A WRITER!    

          I told the Lord, “Lord, I do not want to be in this same place a year from now.  But not as I will, as You will.”

          On the edge of your seat? Part 4 is not to be missed!
 
Here are the links for H.G.'s information.
Blessings,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment