Friday, March 16, 2012

I Can Do All Things

Hello readers,

Read: Phil 4:13 (NKJ) I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.


My cat Nikki hates to have water sprayed or sprinkled on him. We use a spray bottle of water to discipline him when he does something wrong, like scratch at the carpet, or meowing too much when he wants to be fed.
Sometimes, however, he gets sprinkled by mistake. He just happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. And he still reacts the same way. He runs as fast as he can from the water.
Just the other day this happened, and after he calmed down and came back to me, I asked him "Aren't you bigger than that one drop of water? Aren't you smart enough to know that one drop can't hurt you?'
God showed me that I react in the same way to little troubles that come along. Little distractions. Little bumps in the road. They consume me, dictate my reactions, cause me to take my eyes off God. I must learn the difference between being washed in the Living Water, and being splashed by a tiny drop that cannot harm me, if Christ is in me.

Lord, show me that You are bigger than all the drops of water in the oceans, and that with you I cannot fail to walk on the water.

Amen.

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment